Beer is the most popular beverage in the world but even as a beer drinker, there are likely some things that you do not know about it. This might include the following!
1. The oldest beer dates all the way back to 4000 BC, it was known to be called “elba” with “the heart of a lion”.
2. Hops, which are used to create beer, come from the family of plants that are related to marijuana.
3. Although beer is known as quite a manly drink, in ancient times brewing beer was done almost exclusively by women!
4. The India IPAs have the word India in their title for a very good reason. When shipping to India, beer would often go rancid along the way because it was such a long journey from Britain, so a lot of hops and alcohol were added for it to preserve the beer. This unknowingly invented a new style of beer that you enjoy today.
5. The most expensive beer in the world was auctioned off at a staggering $2,583 and this was a bottle of Cantillon Loerik.